(800) 691-2066

Free Case Evaluation

Car Accident Lawyer General California

Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

I just had a car accident, what should I do now?

1) Make sure you get to a safe place. Roads are no place to stand or linger, so pull your car off to the side of the road or shoulder. Turn on your emergency flashing lights (Hazard) on, and either remain inside your vehicle, or get off to the side of the road.

2) In any situation involving an accident, you need to have a trained police investigator assess the situation. Call the police or CA Highway Patrol. Filing a police report with your account of what happened in the accident is vital in determining who will be held responsible for the crash.

3) Car accidents often involve violent collisions that can damage your body and can cause a variety of injuries. Get medical attention as soon as you can. Often, hidden injuries resulting from car accidents catch victims off-guard in the days following an accident. It is important that you seek precautionary medical attention as the effects of hidden injuries such as whiplash and traumatic brain injury can be devastating.

4) Call an experienced personal injury attorney like Car Accident Lawyer General to advise you on how to navigate this process. Car Accident Lawyer General, will advise you of these and other steps you should take after an accident when you call us for help. Our toll free number is (800) 691-2066.

What should I avoid doing after an accident?

1) Don’t forget to call the police. Drivers involved in a car accident sometimes forgo getting the police involved by just exchanging information. This can cause serious problems for any future causes-of-action you have against the negligent driver.

2) Avoid recorded statements. We urge that you avoid giving any recorded statements to insurance companies. It’s important that you remember that there is a conflict between your interests and the interests of the insurance carrier.

3) Do not wait too long before seeking recovery on your claim. Personal Injury actions must be brought within four years of the accident which caused the harm. This means that waiting more than four years after your accident to attempt to file a claim will bar your recovery completely.

What if I don’t know who caused my accident?

All the more reason why you need the police to investigate and file a report

The insurance company said I don’t need an attorney,is that true?

It is important to remember that your interests and the interests of the insurance company are not the same. While it is illegal for a non-attorney, such as an insurance adjuster, to provide legal advice, they often do, and it usually is not very sound. You should always seek an opinion from a personal injury lawyer to get an unbiased legal opinion regarding your case and your rights. At Car Accident Lawyer General we provide free, no risk case consultations to injured persons and their families.

What should I do if the insurance company contacts me after an accident?

Once your accident is reported, representatives from either your or the other person involved in the accident's insurance company may contact you. It’s important to avoid speaking with them, as they may pressure you into signing a settlement worth far less than what an experienced California auto accident attorney at Car Accident Lawyer General could get you.

Is my case big enough for a lawyer to handle?

The attorneys at Car Accident Lawyer General handle small, medium, large, and very large damage cases. Our injury cases range from soft tissue injury auto accident cases to catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. We are equipped to handle and all personal injury cases resulting from negligence. We are happy to review any case free of charge. At Car Accident Lawyer General we provide free, no risk case consultations to injured persons and their families.

Will the information I share with you be confidential?

Yes. The information you share with us is protected by the attorney-client privilege and will remain confidential. This protection will apply even when our legal representation terminates or if you do not retain our firm. Because your communications with us are privileged, it is important that you make full disclosure of all pertinent facts with respect to your personal injury claim (such as prior injuries) so that we can fully access your case. This is further important so the defense does not catch us by surprise in the middle of representation, which could be detrimental to your case.

How soon after I am injured do I have to file a lawsuit?

The timeframe that you have to file a lawsuit is referred to as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, your case will be forever barred. For most personal injury actions In California, such as auto accidents, you have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties. However, with respect to claims against government entities or for medical malpractice, the statute of limitations is much shorter. Therefore, due to the time-sensitive nature of personal injury claims, you should immediately contact an attorney regarding your injury.

How much will I have to pay Car Accident Lawyer General at the conclusion of my case?

We only work on a contingency fee, meaning that if we do not win, we do not get paid. Injury victims cannot afford to pay an attorney by the hour. Our contingency fee is in line with other top-quality lawyers who handle serious personal injury matters. There are no up front costs or fees with us.

Is it possible to sue a county or city?

Yes. Cities and counties are liable for their negligent acts as well as the negligent actions of their employees. However, claims involving cities and counties involve different statutes of limitations that , if missed, can forever bar your claim. Be sure to consult with an attorney at Car Accident Lawyer General to see if your claim involves a city or county. The attorneys at Car Accident Lawyer General deal with claims against the city or county on a regular basis and can help you recover compensation for any injuries caused by the negligence of the city or county.

Call The General Right Away and We Will:

  • Get your car out of the tow-yard.
  • Get you reimbursed for your out-of-pocket expenses.
  • Get your car repaired or top dollar replacement value.
  • Get you the best medical care and get your medical bills paid.
  • Get your lost income and wages.
  • Tell you how much your case is worth.
  • Fight to get you the Maximum Monetary Recovery.
  • If you already have a lawyer, we will advise you how to change
  • to be represented by us for no additional fee or cost.

Practice Areas

Personal Injury

We will handle every aspect of your case, keeping you out of court and putting money in your pocket.

Vehicle Accidents

We consistently recieve huge settlements for our clients because insurance companies know to fear us.

Wrongful Death

When tragedy strikes, we have the experience to help you deal with the aftermath.

Battles Won!


Resolution for a jaywalking pedestrian struck by a negligent motorist.*


For a minor injured in a Semi truck accident*


On a disputed liability Big Rig Accident*


Offer for injured unemployed client rear-ended by a semi-truck. Case was denied pre-litigation.*


Offer for a wrongful death of infant semi-truck rear ender*


For an injured contractor, after a roll of carpet fell on, and fractured his ankle.*